Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ann's Baby Shower

My sister is having a baby (due September 1)! We are all so excited for this little bundle of joy to join us as he/she will be the first baby among my siblings. Of course we had to have a shower to celebrate. She lives in Chicago and her friend Liz had the great idea of having the shower at the Lincoln Park Zoo.




Here is a picture of the invitation on my blackboard.




I thought this invitation idea was so cute, but it turned out to be a LOT of cutting. It was all worth it as I think they looked great.


The shower was on the patio of the cafe and aside from a few drops of rain before the shower started, it was a perfect day for an outdoor shower.


They are not finding out the gender (or giving any hints on names) so everything had to be gender neutral. Easy to do with a shower at the zoo.


Here are the centerpieces:



My crafty aunt made two of these adorable animal centerpieces.



My favorite part of throwing baby showers is making the diaper cake.



Shoes and onesies available at www.babiesjoy.etsy.com.


Sis and I at the shower.




Shower attendees.




Mingling.






The food included sandwiches, salads, and cookies from Panera and cupcakes from a local cupcakery. We had buckets of peanuts on the tables for people to munch on while she opened presents and gave boxes of animal crackers as favors. All in all, I would say that it was a delightful afternoon and she was adequately showered by family and friends!







1 comment:

  1. So lovely Ann's Baby Shower turned out to be. Just loved everything you did for your sister’s baby shower and I must say that hosting it at the Lincoln Park Zoo was a blasting idea. Everything is absolutely beautiful. We too need to host a combined baby shower for a colleague so are just trying to find the best party venue in LA.

    ReplyDelete