Monday, August 15, 2011

Joyce and Royce

We pretty much live in a retirement community in Northern Mississippi. Most of our neighbors are older than our parents and drive around the neighborhood in golf carts. There is a man who walks his dog in his golf cart. As in, he drives the cart around and the dog walks on a leach next to the cart. (I will post a picture of it sometime if I can get a good shot of this.) Our neighborhood newsletter looks remarkably similar to my 98-year-old relative Louis' who actually lives in a retirement community.

Two of our neighbors are Joyce and Royce. I was out pulling weeds this morning when Joyce stopped by on her walk. We chatted for a few minutes and talked about our garden. She said that they haven't been able to grow yellow squash. That is one of the only things we actually have been able to grow. So later, when I picked two, I took one over to Joyce and Royce. They were sitting in lawn chairs on their driveway (I think this is their summer past time) and pulled up a chair for me. I sat and chatted with them for about an hour. We discussed guns, Ole Miss football, pickup trucks, and frying food. Ahhh Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment